Friday, July 9, 2010

Llothian Tome { M'thain d' Streea }




I had some downtime at work yesterday (since I just started and all) so I kept myself busy by putting together textures for a new book / tome that I wanted to make in SL. The idea really came from the fact that I wanted an object to put my rune and shield scripts into for the Order of Avalon game.

Then I thought, well... I may as well use the same book for my Terabithia support and battle cleric books. I painted the textures in Photoshop layer by layer. Took bloody forever! Some of the items in the book came from other sources. Like the faces on the back cover were composited on , color adjusted and blended into the leather. The spider on the front came from a photo of a black widow that was composited, blended, painted, etc. The sketches inside the book were found and then laid onto the old paper textures, since I didn't have the patience to draw new ones. Though a lot of the text, shading, and detail work on the inside pages were also painted layer by layer in Photoshop.

I'm pretty pleased with the results! I tested out the book last night, fighting the dragon. I had also moved the sword scripts into the staff that I carry around, so I was blocking fire with the tome. BWAHAHA. I really should get a picture of it...

PS. I was once again too lazy to change into my drow skin.




1 comment:

  1. That book looks friggin Awesome dude, that was worth every second of work you've put in it! Seriously, love it!

    ReplyDelete