Wednesday, July 7, 2010

< Order of Avalon > : Part One



Sooooo... We wound up playing at this sim called " Order of Avalon" which happens to be a RPG game in SL. Tess found the information on the Lucky Blog where we usually find out where there's good lucky chairs, gacha, etc. We started on Thursday or Friday of last week and I wound up spending my three day weekend trying to beat all the quests.



When we first showed up at the castle, there was a sign outside that cracked me up. Probably because roleplaying in Tera, I'm familiar with having to explain to people what proper clothing should look like.



A little further inside, we came across another sign that quickly had me camming around, trying to visually locate the gryphon. I don't know why " Skydiving Chicken " had me all excited but hey, strange things amuse me.



There's a HUD for the game and there's a little dragon on the left hand side of its interface. When the dragon is gold, you're good and protected. (Blue Bubble of Protection, go!) When the dragon isn't gold, you're likely to get your ass booted home. (To your home point, which can be annoying if you haven't temporarily set your home point for the bridge outside the castle on the sim.) You have to join the Order of Avalon group while playing the game, but meh, that's not a huge deal.



You'll need the group tag in order to use the teleporter to get to the Graveyard. I like how the picture of the location shows up in the portal when you've activated it. Feels like WOW to me.



There was a neat little book in the Graveyard which shows you what kinds of creatures dwell in the realm. I thought that was a nice idea and nicely put together.



I liked the grave up there that would put your name on the tombstone while you were near it. It was a neat little surprise.



Then again, I think I just like coffins in general.



Midare got killed by a bunch of hornets. You know, this was one of those moments that was funny and would've been funnier if someone had filmed it. The three of us running away from a swarm of hornets who follow you around the graveyard while you flee, until you're dead.



We're like graverobbers, armed with crowbars. The first quest was pretty simple. We went down into the ground and had to go solve a puzzle.



Of course, Midare had to pull the lever before we solved the puzzle, which dropped the floor out from beneath our feet to reveal a pit of spikes which killed us. ROFL GOOD JOB. The order for which runes to press first was discovered through finding the different stone pieces all over the place near, inside and around Avalon Keep.

Our outfits:



Tess kept changing outfits, but this is what she started out in! You'll see her clothes change in the later pictures.



I think Midare was supposed to be... a bard?



Nef is a demoness.



No comments:

Post a Comment