Monday, April 26, 2010

Build is 95% complete.


I haven't posted in a few days because I've been very focused on the build. I've got to say though, we're pretty much done. There's just a few small projects that I'm working on.



The forest came out pretty good I think. I kind of wish I could script a little better because I'd like for glowing spots to show up as people walk through it. But I can't seem to find any sort of scripting references for anything like that ... so I'm shit out of luck for now. That and I don't think I'd be able to handle heavy duty scripting right now.



Midare made some nice crystal trees for the white side of the forest. The waterfall took me forever. Forever. The first ten or so waterfalls I trashed because they looked like crap. I finally got the latest version of it working. When the outside was finally done, I was ready to rip heads off and beat some faces in. Was very frustrated and tired. Which was probably a bad time to start trying to build the cave.



I wound up trashing the first version of the cave when Zal saw it and wasn't impressed. I was so frustrated that I was ready to just trash the entire island. He managed to calm me down before I went defcon 5 on the land. I headed off to bed only to crawl back to the computer to lay out the new idea because I was struck with some inspiration. I have to say that I think the second version came out better and Zal seems to like it too.



It has three levels to it and the top one has the most sparklies I think. I have to go back in there and build some platforms so that things can be climbed on, but other than that I think we're pretty much done.



This was the first weekend where pretty much everyone was online. Haha, we kind of had an impromptu dress up moment. Lucas was flitting around dressed as a demon, and then Tali changed, Zal changed... Tess did, so I followed suit.







I always like seeing how people dress when we're doing the same theme because I think that personalities really come through in the differences.



I haven't seen Nef in a long time so it was good to see her this weekend. I like the look that she's currently sporting.



Just a few small projects left...


1 comment:

  1. You, my buddy, did a really mindblowing awesome job on the island! I am so so overwhelmed still how perfect and nice it all looks! All the hard work and frustration coming with it (which is normal) payed off. I took many walks through the forest admiring each and every lovely detail on it, such as every details added to Dragonfly, and the Mountain is, without any doubt, spectacular!

    ReplyDelete