Monday, April 12, 2010

Red Pandas & Gotham City!


We used to do photoshoots randomly where someone would pick a theme and we'd all purchase outfits to fit that concept. Well, Zal picked "furries" as the newest concept. It took me awhile to figure out what sort of animal I'd be, but I think it was pretty clear to everyone else that I'd wind up as some sort of Panda! Go figure.



Here I am as a Red Panda. I bought the DERP [Natural Red] avatar. It came with some hair and three variations of a tail as well but I didn't wind up wanting any of those extras. I didn't quite like the tails because they were stiff so I found a waggy fluffy one. You can find that one here. The hair wasn't bad, but it wasn't quite my style. After a few failed attempts, I managed to score a freebie hair from Deviant Kitties that happened to be what I considered the perfect color for my avatar. It came with shapes too but I wound up just using a modified version of my shape. At first my eyes were popping out funny but after a lot of tweaking I finally figured out that I needed to squish and sink my face to make them fit right.

I modified the head to give it some piercings and kept the scar and line of hoops on my face like I normally wear on my regular avatar. I think it gives it a little bit of rough-around-the-edges personality. I saw a preview of Tali's skunk avie which is cute and I've seen Tim's ringtail before. I wonder what other people will come up with.



Gotham City
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Gotham City/51/199/28



After puttering around a bit in my avie, Tim and I wound up traveling over to a sim called "Gotham City" to take a look around. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped. The build wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. I've most certainly seen better builds... the lag was kinda terrible too.



We found and snuck into Wayne Manor, ahahahah. It was a sad sight, really. The cave was pretty sad too but we kicked around in there for a few minutes and took some pictures. The city itself seems to be a RP sim.

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more Gotham sims out there! Or Metropolis. Or you know, things from that universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment